20 Questions with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
No. I am suspicious of the idea of perfection.
9. What is the biggest obstacle you have overcome or challenge you have ever faced?
Making the decision to leave medical school in order do something else that would nurture my writing.
10. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
11. What talent would you most like to possess?
12. What inspires you most?
Everything. I tend not to think in extremes. So I am unsure of what inspires me the most, but I am sure of the many things that inspire me—people I love, books, watching strangers and eavesdropping on conversations.
13. What is your greatest fear?
That I will lose the people I love.
14. What gives you hope about the world today?
The little kindnesses that exist, the way people still show their humanity in tiny actions.
Chimamanda opens up about her secret guilty pleasures