Oprah's Lifeclass: How to Change Your Outlook Life Work
OWN TV | October 25, 2012
Oprah's Life Work: Changing Your Outlook
The goal of these workbook questions is to continue the conversation and go deeper into the lesson. Write the answers to these questions on a separate sheet of paper.
1. At this very moment, how would you finish the following sentence? I am ________.
2. As Pastor Joel Osteen says, "Whatever follows 'I am' is going to come looking for you." What has been following you for years? How does this make you look at your "I am" statement in a different way?
3. What are you putting out to the world? What five "I ams" do you say on most days?
4. Looking at your answer in question 3. Which "I ams" will you rewrite so that they are more positive? For instance, Oprah changed her "I'm so tired" to "I'm looking forward to my second wind."
5. Are you going through a difficult time, where you think things are happening to you? What if you start to realize that things are happing for you. How does that change your perspective?
6. What if you took it further and recognized that you are equipped to handle the challenges thrown your way? How does that make you feel?
7. How do you compare yourself to friends, neighbors, family members and co-workers? Do you think they have a better marriage, more money, perfect kids? Now, instead, look at your strengths. What makes you...you?
8. What do you feel capable of doing but have never tried?
9. What "I am" statements will you start integrating into your life?