It's another fun, fact-filled hour as Dr. Oz, his wife Lisa and Dr. Michael Roizen answer your health questions. After Dr. Oz introduced The Oprah Show
audience to one of his favorite breakfasts, the Quick Magical Breakfast Blaster
, people wanted to know more about its nutritional benefits. Oprah Radio
callers want to know something equally important: How does it taste
? Here's the scoop on why you should have a Breakfast Blaster today:
Get the recipe!
- Eating a healthy breakfast is one of the most important components of healthy diet, Dr. Oz says.
- The Breakfast Blaster is practical. "The Breakfast Blaster can be made in about two minutes [and] the ingredients are pretty simple to store," Dr. Oz says.
- It keeps you feeling fuller, longer. Dr. Oz says the psyllium husks in the Breakfast Blaster provide valuable fiber to slow the passage of food down the intestinal tract, so you stay feeling full for a longer period of time.
- It's a good source of protein. Either soy or whey protein can be used in the smoothie, which Dr. Oz says satiates the appetite and provides your body with the energy it needs.
- Fruits add color that kids love while disguising the fact that it's a healthy food. "With one fell swoop you can cover all your family's nutritional needs, and they don't even know it!" he says.
- According to Dr. Oz, Lisa and Dr. Roizen, it tastes great!