Is it possible to live to be 100 with the vigor and vitality of a 20-something? Dr. Oz explores that question with longtime friend and alternative heath expert Dr. Andrew Weil. Drawing from Eastern medicine and alternative medical practices, Dr. Weil says you can stave-off sickness, improve your health and live longer.
Here are just a few of Dr. Weil's tips to combat a cold:
- Wash your hands frequently—it's still one of the best ways to fight off colds, especially during the cold and flu season.
- Eat plenty of garlic for its natural antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Add eucalyptus oil, which is naturally antibacterial, into a steam bath to soothe the respiratory passages and prevents secondary bacterial infections when you have a cold.
- Echinacea can be taken at the first sign of a cold to assist with symptoms.
- Ginger is excellent for motion sickness, nausea and has beneficial anti-inflammatory effects.