In February 2007, Bob kicked off his Best Life Weight Loss Challenge
on The Oprah Winfrey Show
. Now, the six specially selected participants join Bob to officially sign their contracts, make a commitment to stay on track and lose weight once and for all. Bob talks to the challengers—Barbara, Melissa, LaToya, Tracy, Bill and Tori—about what's on their minds as they embark on the fitness challenge of their lives.
- Barbara , 50, says she went through a devastating divorce one year ago, and wants to turn her life around. "I'm here to lose weight and feel better about myself and get fit," she says.
- Melissa , 34, has been married for 10 years and has two kids. She tells Bob it's going to be hard for her and her family to give up their old, unhealthy ways. "We do a lot of celebrating with food!" she says.
- LaToya , 32, says that as a PhD student living in New York City, she studies hard and plays even harder—but tells Bob something's still missing. "I am enjoying my life, but not completely, and I have to be honest with myself about that and begin a search for why that is," she says.
- Tracy , 28, says she's not looking forward to all the exercise involved with the program, but she's willing to do whatever it takes to get in shape. "I think I'm finally ready to just own it— all of it," she says.
- Bill , 37, tells Bob that he's ready to dig deep and figure out why he misuses food. "When I stepped on board, I knew that I had to be honest and put away all the excuses and bare all," he says.
- Tori , 41, says that for the first time in her life, she's ready to stop taking care of everyone else and start taking care of herself. "This is my moment," she says. "It's time for me to make a change."