Jean talks to the man who gave us chicken soup in the form of a good book—Jack Canfield, founder of Chicken Soup for the Soul® Enterprises and author of The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
. Jack is also a leading expert in creating optimum performances for entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, managers, sales professionals, corporate employees and educators.
Here's Jack's blueprint for how to be successful in the New Year.
- If you aren't crazy about your life, it probably means there are things that are missing. Jack says to walk through your house and make a list of everything that isn't the way you want it to be. It may sound superficial, but if you are going to overcome the big steps, such as becoming a millionaire or perfecting your relationships, you need to start small.
- Make a list of 101 things that you want to have, own or do. Then work on trying to achieve them by reading your list once a year and focusing on a few things at a time.
- Set deadlines for your goals.
- Jack says you can double your income in two years: Write it down as a goal, find someone in your career who has actually done it, and then every day, close your eyes and visualize the check for the amount of money you want to have and the lifestyle you'd be living. Focusing on what you want unleashes the creative power of your brain, Jack says.
- If you expect the best and focus on the positive, success will happen. There is a way to get there if you map it out properly.