If you are single and want to be in a relationship, you can't just sit around and hope Mr. Right will find you, Peter says. While some people do meet their perfect mate by chance, Peter says most people need to take an organized approach when it comes to finding a partner. Peter talks with J.M. Kearns, author of Why Mr. Right Can't Find You
, about what women can do to find love.
J.M. says with a little forethought and imagination, there are a few things every woman can do to increase her chances of finding the perfect mate:
- Don't rely on chance. "If you approach [dating] as kind of an organized adventure, you are much more likely to improve the odds and navigate to the person you really want to be with," J.M. says.
- Try to find a friend first. "I think the happiest couples are basically best friends who have the hots for each other," he says. "People forget that when you are looking for the right partner, you are looking for a best friend, and they get too distracted by the romantic and chemistry part I think."
- Don't worry about what you lack as a potential partner. "Just concentrate on the man that is actually out there looking for you, who likes you the way you are," J.M. says.
- Give men signals. J.M. says men need to be encouraged by women. Eye contact and a smile are simple ways to do this.
- Look in new places, outside of your normal hangouts. "The man you are seeking is probably not among the men you have already met, otherwise you would already be with him," he says.