1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents of the continental United States, age 18 years or older, except employees of Harpo Radio, Inc., (the "Sponsor") and Natura World, Inc. and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, affiliated entities, and their immediate families or household members. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations, and (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sponsor will conduct a radio call-in Sweepstakes during the live broadcast of the Dr. Laura Berman Show on Sirius channel 195/XM channel 156 between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the following Fridays: January 15, 2010, January 22, January 29, February 5, February 12, February 19, February 26, March 5, March 12, March 19 and March 26, 2010 (the "Promotional Period"). To enter and to be eligible, participants must: (i) call into the phone number given on-air when the program host or another member of the program team asks for callers to answer The Sex Trivia Quiz, (ii) correctly answer the trivia question, and (iii) complete and return the standard required paperwork according to the rules outlined in the paperwork (the “Entry(ies)”). Limit one (1) Entry per person.
Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible Entries, and all such Entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is also not responsible for US mail, technical, hardware, telecommunications or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes, whether computer, technical, telephone, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any Sweepstakes-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant's ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Sweepstakes should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with the Sweepstakes procedures, using automated calling systems, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. HOW TO WIN: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly chosen on-air by a representative of Sponsor on or around April 5, 2010 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. Winner will be notified by Sponsor on-air and within five (5) days of the drawing via either the telephone number or e-mail address provided on his or her Entry. Winner must reply within five (5) days of notification either via fax, email or by calling the phone number provided upon prize notification, or else an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that the Sweepstakes is canceled or ended prematurely due to the reasons set forth in paragraph 2, above, the Winner shall be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor from all eligible Entries received as of the time of the impairment.
4. PRIZES: One Winner will receive the following Natura World products: one (1) Cloud Mattress (King or Queen sized), one (1) Mattress Protector, one (1) set of Cotton Sheets and two (2) Aloe Dream Mate Pillows. The approximate market value ("AMV") of this prize is approximately Three Thousand Three Hundred Dollars ($3,300.00). No substitutions, partial acceptance, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or comparable value in the event a described prize or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Winner and winner guests are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable. All prize details are at Sponsor's discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and their guests: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, (ii) grant Sponsor, Natura World and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures, biographical information and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, and (iii) represent and warrant that they are not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and further represent and warrant that they will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein. In order to claim the prize, the Winner: (i) must meet all eligibility requirements, (ii) be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, and (iii) must each execute and return (as applicable) certain winner documents, including but not limited to an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within seven (7) days of issuance either via facsimile, via .pdf/scanned e-mail or via US registered mail. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason will result in disqualification of such Winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize will not be awarded. If such is the case, such Winner's prize may not be awarded.
Sponsor, Natura World and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree to hold Sponsor, Natura World and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies and affiliated entities harmless from liability for any injury, disability or loss to any person or property (including allergic reactions and/or death) relating to participation in this Sweepstakes (including the manner in which the Winner is selected and confirmed), the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither Sponsor, Natura World nor their officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities are responsible for: (i) any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided, or (ii) any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly. Sponsor, Natura World and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR WINNER'S LIST REQUESTS: For a copy of the Official Rules, log on to Oprah.com by March 26, 2010. For a list of Winners' names, please write to "Oprah Radio The Dr. Laura Berman Radio Show Giveaway", ATTN: Harpo Radio, 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607 between March 27, 2010 and September 26, 2010.
7. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is managed by Sponsor, with offices at 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607.
© 2010 Harpo Radio, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Published on January 15, 2010