1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who live within 150 miles of New York City, age 18 years or older, except employees of Harpo Radio, Inc., (the "Sponsor") and its respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, affiliated entities, immediate families or household members. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations, and (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sponsor will conduct a radio call-in Sweepstakes during the live broadcast of the Gayle King Show on Sirius channel 195/XM channel 156 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on the following Dates: September 15, 16 and 17, 2009 (the "Promotional Period"). To enter, participants must call into the phone number given on-air. The program host or another member of the program team will specify which caller that day is eligible to win (i.e., the fourth or second caller after the host or other program team member says, "Call now.") Callers will be identified by their caller number (i.e., first, second, third caller) in accordance with customary Sponsor practices and procedures. Limit one (1) Entry per person per day.
All duplicate Entries submitted by any person on any day shall be deemed void. Sponsor is also not responsible for technical, hardware, telecommunications or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes, whether computer, technical, telephone, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any Sweepstakes-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant's ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Sweepstakes should any malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with the Sweepstakes procedures, using automated calling systems, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. HOW TO WIN: One winner (the "Winner(s)") will be chosen by the Sponsor based upon the above procedures of Sponsor during each day of the Promotional Period and during the hours specified above from the eligible entries received in accordance with these rules during the Promotional Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the telecommunications systems used to call into the program, number of callers and related technologies. Winner swill be notified by Sponsor on air if they have won; however, Winners must meet all eligibility requirements. In the event that the Sweepstakes is canceled or ended prematurely only those who actually "win" on-air and meet all eligibility requirements will be allowed to attend the taping.
4. PRIZES: Up to three Winners (one per day of the Promotional Period) plus one guest per winner (who must also meet all eligibility requirements) will be permitted to attend (at Sponsor's discretion and subject to Sponsor’s safety procedures) a live Broadcast (the "Broadcast") of the " O, The Oprah Magazine Radio Show" in New York, New York and have their photograph (the "Photograph") taken with Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King (subject to their availability). Transportation to/from event will not be provided and is the responsibility of each winner. The Photograph may be used for personal use only and may not be copied, published, disseminated or otherwise made available to the general public and Winners. The approximate market value ("AMV") of this prize is nominal, but in no event greater than $500.00. Winners and their guests will be responsible for their own transportation, food, lodging and all other expense associated with getting to the location of the taping. The taping is scheduled to be held on Friday, September 19, 2009 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (subject to change if exigent circumstances so require).
No substitutions, partial acceptance (except as noted above), transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by Winners or their guests. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or comparable value in the event a described prize or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason whatsoever (i.e., to allow Winner(s) to attend another taping of another program airing on Oprah Radio at a later date). In the event Sponsor: (i) is unable to provide for Winners and/or their guests to attend the taping for whatever reason, or (ii) determines that the behavior of the Winner(s) and/or their guests is inappropriate or dangerous and precludes them from attending the taping, no compensation or substitution will be provided. Winner and winner guests are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable. All prize details are at Sponsor's discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and their guests: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, (ii) grant Sponsor and its designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures, biographical information and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, and (iii) represent and warrant that they are not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and further represent and warrant that they will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein or attendance at the Show. In order to claim the prize, Winner(s) and his/her guest (all of who must be a legal resident of the United States, age 18 years or older and reside within 150 miles of New York City): (i) must meet all eligibility requirements, (ii) may each be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, and (iii) must each execute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), including an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within twenty-four (24) hours of issuance either via facsimile or via .pdf/scanned e-mail; documents must be notarized and originals must be presented prior to being admitted to the Broadcast. Winner(s) and their guest(s) may pass a background check at Sponsor's discretion and may not be eligible if they do not pass such check or: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason. If such is the case, such Winner's prize may not be awarded.
Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree to hold Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies and affiliated entities harmless from liability for any injury, disability or loss to any person or property (including allergic reactions and/or death) relating to participation in this Sweepstakes (including the manner in which the Winner is selected and confirmed), the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded (including food allergies) and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither Sponsor nor its officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities are responsible for: (i) any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the use or misuse of any prize items provided, or (ii) any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly. Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers and affiliated entities further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR WINNER'S LIST REQUESTS: For a copy of the Official Rules, log on to Oprah.com by September 18, 2009. For a list of Winners' names, please write to "Oprah Radio O, The Oprah Magazine Radio Show Giveaway", ATTN: Harpo Radio, 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607 between September 19, 2009 and March 18, 2010.
7. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is managed by Sponsor, with offices at 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607.