1. At one time, my anger felt like a termite eating away at my best self. So whenever I started clenching my teeth or thinking ugly things, I put the brakes on.
2. I made a conscious decision to start exercising, writing, meditating, and spending time with friends—and slowly my morale changed colors. I had been living like I was navy blue and started feeling pastels again.
3. I realized I am just as good standing alone as I am standing next to someone. No one can make you happier than you make yourself.
4. I began jumping up early in the morning to write so I could live inside my characters and not think about my own problems.
5. I remind myself that I am the architect of my life. To renovate my heart I have to go back to the drafting table.
Next: 10 ways to increase your happiness