1. What's the quickest legal route to joy?
Being mindful in all that you do.
2. What makes you still?
A compelling story.
3. What's left on your "To Do" list?
Get my pilot's license, visit French Polynesia and plant a forest.
4. What do you ask yourself most often?
"How did I get here?"
5. What's one thing that's always overrated?
The happiness you can get from having more stuff.
6. What's the most daring thing you've done?
7. ...and the most daring thing you wish you'd done?
Become a carpenter.
8. How do you stay calm in a tense situation?
Stop and remember that anger is usually a response to fear.
9. What are you an expert at?
Helping people reframe their relationship to their stuff.
is a noted international organization expert, New York Times
best-selling author and TV host who characterizes himself as part contractor/part therapist. Lighten Up: Love What You Have, Have What You Need, Be Happier with Less
was released in December 2010. He is the host of Enough Already!
on OWN, where he coaches viewers to de-clutter their homes and their lives so that they can live in a better space. His company, Peter Walsh Design
, has helped thousands of homeowners and corporations organize their living and work spaces for optimal efficiency and liberated living.
More from Peter Walsh