- 57 percent of respondents paid $500 or less for their gown.
- 19 percent thought the search was "a stress-inducing nightmare."
- 98 percent said "No thanks" to their mother's gown (though 26 percent want to hand theirs down to their daughter. Good luck!)
- Nine percent wore a colored dress.
- 14 percent dieted to fit into a smaller size (35 percent say—hallelujah!—the gown still fits)
- 70 percent say they'd pick the same dress if their wedding were tomorrow.
- 66 percent have gowns that have been sitting in the attic, untouched, since their wedding day (a business-savvy 14 percent sold theirs)
- 60 percent were excited when the dress came off—"It's honeymoon time!"
Source: Survey of 3,139 respondents in a poll conducted on Oprah.com.