4. SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance drawing, assuming a sufficient number of entries. Each time you enter a valid Official Code, or enter via the mail, you will be automatically entered in the Second Chance Drawing. Winners will be determined from all eligible entries receive in a random drawing to be conducted by D. L. Blair, Inc. on or about March 15, 2010. Odds of winning depend upon the number of unclaimed prizes and the number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize winners (including those awarded via Second Chance) will be notified via email, mail, overnight delivery service and/or telephone and required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release, and a completed IRS W-9 form within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Potential Grand Prize winner's travel companion will be required to be of majority age or older in his or her legal jurisdiction of residency (and at least 18) and will also be required to execute and return a notarized Liability/Publicity Release within this same deadline. Failure to comply with this deadline, return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsor's inability to contact a potential Grand Prize winner within a reasonable time period or any potential Grand Prize winner's noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor's discretion, selection of an alternate winner from among all nonwinning entries received.
6. ENTRIES: Entries, Official Codes and/or winning messages generated using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry or any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If due to a printing, production, typographical, human, seeding, computer, technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the stated number of prizes at random from among all verified and validated prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for awarding more than the advertised number of prizes.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name and/or likeness, and biographical material for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Harpo Productions, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees (collectively, "Released Parties") harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto).
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not liable for any entries, Official Codes, Official Give-O-Way Tickets or prize claims which are lost, late, garbled, illegible, misdirected, delayed, stolen, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate or postage-due or any combination thereof, or for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, network or technical in nature, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, or delayed computer transmission which may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion in any way, including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or the technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, software or hardware equipment, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participation with this Promotion or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether technical, computer, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including but not limited to, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or in any Promotion-related materials. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if the Promotion or the Promotion Site (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Promotion and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion or the granting of a prize or any component thereof, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action (and void all associated entries) and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event the Promotion is cancelled, and to the extent possible as determined by Sponsor, Sponsor will determine the winners for any unawarded prizes at random from among all eligible, non-suspect nonwinning entries received prior to the time of the action. In the event that Sponsor determines that there are no eligible entrants, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to not award the prizes (or any portion thereof). ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE PROMOTION SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. If a dispute arises about who submitted an entry on the Promotion Site, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account entered and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry (if applicable) and that all eligibility requirements are met.
We Hear You!