THE 12-DAY HOLIDAY GIVE-O-WAY SWEEPSTAKES: How To Enter: Beginning 12/01/09 at 12:01 AM (ET) through 12/12/09 go to Oprah.com/12Days, and complete and submit the entry form pursuant to the on-screen instructions. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received between 12/01/09 at 12:01 AM and 12/12/09 at 11:59 PM. Drawing will be conducted by Hearst Magazines whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: Twelve (12) winners will each receive a prize package consisting of one of each of the items listed in the "O List Holiday Gift Guide", which includes Thomas Glenn Collection Christmas ornament ($26); vintage-inspired toy ($51); leather wrap bracelet ($170); Barbour quilted biker jacket* ($329); Reebok Easytone Reeinspire sneakers* ($125); 16G Apple iPod Nano ($179); Kate Spade faux fur trapper hat ($195); Virginia Johnson shark scarf ($225); gift certificate for 8 holiday light cookies ($20); Japonesque brush set ($20); Isaac Mizrahi for Liz Claiborne Very Merry Tee* ($39); 12 Days of Christmas babies' socks from Two Blue Peas ($45); Laura Numeroff's book and plush animal set ($10); Satin Chelley teacup set ($28); gift certificate for 16 gem truffles ($26); Faded Glory reversible parka* ($15); Sony Webbie HD video camera ($170); Echo iPod friendly gloves* ($30); Joy Mangano reading glasses set ($35); Samsung Mobile Reclaim cell phone ($50) – winner is responsible for activating the phone; Lori Greiner jewelry box ($16); 5 Saint des Saintes rubber incense sheets ($105); Sisters Gourmet cookie mix ($10); Footzy Rolls roll-up shoe* ($22); Tiffany & Co. heart locket necklace ($325 for charm, $65 for chain); Reve Indien fragrance ($53); set of 10 Thornwillow initial notecards*($45); boa scarf ($38); MOR Lov gift pack of soap, cream and lip balm ($40); leather rose bouquet purse from Clever Carriage Company ($585); monogrammed playing cards*and Lucite box; Tagua necklace ($55); art watch ($65); Haier 22-inch LCD HDTV ($299); Bougainvillea bone bracelet ($49); gift certificate for Conspicuous Consumption Cheese platter ($90); Clinique lip gloss set ($30); Elizabeth Cotton pajama set ($179); gift certificate for 15 gel square candies ($6); Loft bauble necklace ($35); Bougainvillea gilded clutch ($113); Bearington Bear Company giraffe couture baby coat ($45); Chanel bath oil ($75); Giorgio Armani crystal palette ($98); Tatte mix nuts tart ($38); Blu Bijoux ornate cuff ($96). *All initialed and monogrammed gifts will be monogrammed with an "O." Clothing items will come in size medium. Shoes will come in size eight (8).
Grand Prize: In addition, one (1) of the twelve (12) winners will be the one (1) Grand Prize Winner and will receive two (2) trips for two (2) to both Los Angeles and Chicago. Grand Prize includes round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from major airport nearest winner's residence (which is served by American Airlines) to Los Angeles and Chicago (Additional restrictions apply. See "Additional Prize Details" and Exhibit A "Travel Certificates – Terms and Conditions" below), hotel accommodations for two (2) for two (2) nights (ARV: $1240), and two (2) tickets to both The Oprah Winfrey Show and Ellen Degeneres Show (ARV:$0.00). Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $57,280. Hotel accommodations are provided at Sponsor's discretion. Accommodations are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. Grand Prize Winner must travel on dates specified by Sponsor (or trip must be taken by 12/21/10). Arrangements must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to departure. Once scheduled, the itinerary cannot be altered. In the event The Oprah Winfrey Show or Ellen Degeneres Show is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the winner. Winners will be notified via phone, e-mail or postal mail, at Sponsor's discretion, on or about 12/20/09. Winner's List: For winners' names log onto oprah.com/12Days after 2/15/10. Incomplete entry forms or entries that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
2. ADDITIONAL PRIZE DETAILS. Grand Prize winner will receive four (4) Roundtrip Coach Class Travel Authorization Certificates (each a "Travel Certificate") on American Airlines or its Airline Associates (American Eagle or the AmericanConnection® carrier**) from the airport closest to the Grand Prize winner's home that American services in the 48 contiguous United States to Los Angeles, California to see the Ellen Degeneres Show and two (2) Roundtrip Coach Travel Certificates on American or its Airlines Associates from the airport closest to the Grand Prize winner's home that American services in the 48 contiguous United States to Chicago, Illinois to see the Oprah Winfrey Show. The approximate retail value of the Travel Certificates (ARV) is $750.00 per Travel Certificate for a total $3000.00. Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place(s) of residence. Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges, all insurance, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the grand prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the Travel Certificates. Embargo dates and other restrictions may apply and are subject to change. Prizes are provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed by any of the Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable; provided no such substitute prize shall be from American Airlines without its prior written consent.
3. AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION CERTIFICATE TERMS: Each Travel Certificate may be used to purchase air travel wholly on American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel Certificates are redeemable for air travel sold and originating in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States. Travel Certificates are not returnable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Lost, stolen or damaged Travel Certificates will not be replaced. Travel Certificates have no implied warranties and are not credit or debit cards. Travel Certificate redemption is based on availability at the time of reservation, and must adhere to applicable embargoed dates. Each Travel Certificate is valid for one (1) year from the date issued (or by 12/21/10). Expiration date cannot be extended. Travel using Travel Certificates does not qualify for American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage credit or elite status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. American Airlines is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. American Airlines reserves the right to revise the Travel Certificate rules and conditions at any time without notice.
4. AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL TERMS. Travel for the Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion(s) must take place within one (1) year from the date the Travel Certificates are issued (or by 12/21/10). If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel by this date, the Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest the Grand Prize winner's home that is served by American Airlines or their Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Grand Prize Winner's travel companion must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion(s) must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Schedules subject to change without notice.
5. ENTRIES: Limit (1) one entry per household per day for 12 DAY HOLIDAY GIVE-O-WAY sweepstakes (hereinafter referred to as the "Promotion"). Entrants can only win one (1) of the prizes offered. Multiple entries from the same household will be disqualified. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, the Prize Provider, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible to enter or win.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have valid e-mail address and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Each prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Travel companion of Grand Prize Winner must also execute a Publicity/Liability Release prior to ticketing and must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo I.D.) prior to departure. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of Grand Prize Winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the Grand Prize Winner with alternate arrangements. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor(s), (Administrator) and (each of its/their) parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor(s) due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). Winners hereby further agree that they will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entries to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use any winner's name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By accepting prize, winners agree to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the prize.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
9. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Hearst Communications, Inc., 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10022.
11. PRIZE PROVIDER: The Prize Provider of this Promotion is American Airlines, Inc.; 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Fort. Worth, Texas 76155.
**American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle® service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc.,an unaffiliated independent contractor.
AAdvantage, AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are marks of American Airlines, Inc.