- What time of day is it?
- Where are you?
- What are you doing?
- Who are you working with?
- What about this work feels good?
- Who are you talking to for support?
- Who is paying you?
- How much are you getting paid?
- Why are they paying you instead of somebody else?
Now imagine your worst possible working day, using these same questions. Focus on your priorities. The challenge is not avoiding bad days completely—they will always happen—but knowing what the issues are at work that you want to avoid.