Photo: Alison Gootee
Even if you're a big-bag person, a clutch is, well, handy: Take one when you're out for lunch or dinner (and leave your tote in the office or checkroom).
From top, left to right:
1. This tough, lipstick red, studded clutch has an optional chain strap. Victoria's Secret Catalogue, $45.
2. A dramatic gold bow disappears into this evening stunner. Christian Louboutin, $625.
3. Another take on the bow: Here it's woven right into the flap of the purse. Anya Hindmarch, $395.
4. This lacquered wicker bag has an oversize ball clasp with a '70s vintage feel. Oscar de la Renta, $395.
5. Colorized python folds into a sexy envelope. VBH.
6. Glossy burnt-yellow patent leather has sly curves and big hardware. Be & D, $595.
7. A metallic grass-green leather-trimmed flap dresses up playful straw. Coach, $168.
From the June 2007 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!