1. What's the quickest legal route to joy?
2. What makes you still?
Listening to good music.
3. What's the hardest truth to tell?
Ending a relationship.
4. What's left on your "To Do" list?
Interview Prince William and his new bride, and see the Egyptian pyramids.
5. What do you ask yourself most often?
"Why can't I be more organized?"
6. What's one thing that's always overrated?
Trendy fashion styles. (Classic is always better.)
7. When/how did you last surprise yourself?
When I found myself genuinely enjoying Justin Bieber; I'd assumed he wasn't my demographic, but I think he—and his music—are terrific.
8. What's the most daring thing you've done?
Getting hoisted 40 feet into the air for the "Wing and a Prayer" self-improvement exercise at Miraval Spa in Arizona.
9. ...and the most daring thing you wish you'd done?
Spend a ridonkulous
amount of money on a pair of shoes that I passed on.
10. How do you stay calm in a tense situation?
By focusing on the solution—I believe most situations have them.
As the editor-at-large of O, The Oprah Magazine
, Gayle King
has been helping to guide the editorial and creative vision of the magazine since its inception in 1999. She is also the host of The Gayle King Show
, a national radio talk show launched in 2006 on XM Radio that airs live on-air Monday through Friday on OWN. King is a three-time Emmy® Award-winning newscaster who anchored the local news at a CBS affiliate in Hartford, Connecticut for 18 years. In 2008, she won the American Women in Radio & Television Gracie Award® for Outstanding Radio Talk Show and in 2010 the Individual Achievement Award for Host - Entertainment/Information. She is also a 2010 New York Women in Communications' Matrix Award recipient.
More from Gayle King