Photo: Ben Goldstein/Studio D
Falling Apart in One Piece: An Optimist's Journey Through the Hell of Divorce
By Stacy Morrison
256 pages; Simon & Schuster
Breaking up is never easy, but you can think yourself into feeling (at least a little) better. In her wise memoir, Falling Apart in One Piece, Redbook editor in chief Stacy Morrison chronicles her own divorce and arrives at some pithy conclusions:
1. You can handle more than you think (but a little denial helps).
2. Anger hides everything you need to feel to get past the anger.
3. You are not alone, and yes, you are totally alone.
4. Your child knows more about life than you do (think small).
5. The end is the beginning.
From the April 2010 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!