The TV show host and medical expert on swimming with sharks, the best time to meditate and the day he held it together at an amusement park. 1. What's the quickest legal route to joy?
Sex with someone you love. The increased life expectancy is a fringe benefit!
2. What makes you still?
Meditation at the end of a yoga routine.
3. What words do you live by?
Always show up in your own life.
4. What's left on your "To Do" list?
5. What do you ask yourself most often?
"Why am I running this maze?"
6. What's one thing that's always overrated?
New Year's Eve.
7. When/how did you last surprise yourself?
I just went on 15 rides with my kids at Universal Studios in Orlando without vomiting!
8. What's the most daring thing you've done?
Swim with sharks in Bora Bora.
9. ...and the most daring thing you wish you'd done?
Bungee cord jumping, but I'm not sure if my life insurance would cover it. Plus, I have four kids.
10. How do you stay calm in a tense situation?
Deep breathing. I also slow everything down, so each second becomes a snapshot in time...and then I let my gut make all the decisions.
11. What are you an expert at?
Innovative heart surgery.
Daytime Emmy Award-winning host ofThe Dr. Oz Show and co-host of Ask Oprah's All Stars on OWN, Dr. Mehmet Oz also currently serves as Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University. He directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital, and has co-authored seven New York Times best-sellers, including the YOU book series. Dr. Oz is also a regular columnist for O, The Oprah Magazine. He is the host of a daily talk show on Sirius XM Radio's Oprah Radio and was previously a featured health expert on The Oprah Winfrey Show for over five seasons, spanning 55 episodes.