Photo: Gabriella Imperatori-Penn
Step up to shine—shoes that are eye-catchingly jewel-colored and wrapped in superlustrous satin are a fast way to reinvent a little black dress.
Clockwise from top:
1. Turn-lock detail—as on a preppy handbag—makes polished flats work equally well for day. Coach, $178
2. Green grow the peep-toes, these with a vintage-flavored knot near the toe. Kate Spade, $298
3. An architectural stiletto is built with bands of blue, from midnight to sky. Christian Louboutin, $865
4. Pink and garnet "gems" illuminate affordable, adorable heels. Ann Taylor, $129
5. For Latin dances, there's nothing hotter than a red shoe with a sassy rosette. Betsey Johnson, $175
6. Consider the evening wedge—more stable than high, skinny heels, and in ruby satin, innately glamorous. Rodo, $575
7. Pumped-up orange with a discreet bow delivers an ideal heel for a really nice price. Glint, $90
8. The glittery buckle, pointy toe, and elegant curlicue make this like an 18th-century court shoe, tweaked for our times. Tibi, $352
9. Towering teal platform has straps that snake flatteringly around the ankle. Yves Saint Laurent, $695
From the December 2008 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
We Hear You!