1. What's one thing that's always overrated?
Cold soup, even in the summer.
2. When/how did you last surprise yourself?
By starting a family around age 50.
3. What's the most daring thing you've done?
Start a family around age 50. Okay, in second place is biking across the country for my book tour.
4. ...and the most daring thing you wish you'd done?
Learn how to kitesurf. Hey, I still have time!
5. What makes you still?
Moving water. Whether it's waves crashing on a beach, a brook in the middle of the woods or a waterfall...
6. What do you ask yourself most often?
"How do I improve the lives of those I care about?"
7. What makes a person fearless?
Doing the right thing, not the easy thing.
8. What are you an expert at?
Bob Greene is an exercise physiologist and certified personal trainer specializing in fitness, metabolism, and weight loss. Bob is also a frequent guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show and has appeared on dozens of national television programs. His first book, Make the Connection: Ten Steps to a Better Body—and a Better Life, was co-authored by Oprah Winfrey. Greene is also a regular contributor to O, The Oprah Magazine and writes on health and fitness for Oprah.com. His latest book is 20 Years Younger: Look Younger, Feel Younger, Be Younger!
More from Bob Greene
Published on May 10, 2011
We Hear You!