Warning: May contain spoilers
1. Do you agree with the angelologists' decision to withhold knowledge of the Nephilim and their schemes from the general human population?
2. The Bible's descriptions of angels are very different from the winged cherubs that have grown to dominate the public imagination. Why do you think we're drawn to the idea of angels while, at the same time, we've chosen to play down their fearsomeness?
3. Celestine seems to lead a half-life after descending into the gorge. In what ways do you imagine mortals would be changed after contact with the divine?
4. Why do you think the Nephilim have chosen to let their forefathers remain imprisoned?
5. If you were Evangeline, would you be able to forgive your parents and grandmother from hiding so much from you? Were they really acting in her best interests?
6. Does Verlaine have the wisdom and courage it takes to be an angelologist?
7. Were the nuns of St. Rose Convent betraying or upholding their vows in battling the Gibborim?
8. Should Gabriella have been cast out from the society of angelologists after begetting a child with Percival?
9. Have you ever visited any of the disassembled lyre's four hiding places? Do you feel that Abigail Rockefeller did a good job of hiding and protecting it?
10. Did you suspect that Evangeline might be Nephilim? What do you think she intends to do with her newfound powers?