A double wall of glass insulates coffee made in this classic French press, keeping it hot for up to two hours.
- Chambord eight-cup coffee press by Bodum, $89.95
- Bodum; 800-232-6386; bodumusa.com
KitchenAid mixers have been beating, kneading and whipping since 1919, and the new citron finish makes them as pretty as they are powerful.
- Artisan Series stand mixer, $349.99
- KitchenAid; kitchenaid.com
The stainless-steel and lacquer look is retro; the mechanics are simple and environmentally friendly; and with leverage on your side, a cup of fresh juice is just a few squeezes away.
- Sagaform juice press, $49.95
- Hall's Plaza; 800-624-4034
Remember when it hurt to open a can? OXO solved the problem by making comfortable handles and a side-wind knob that requires less force. Food safety is improved, too, with a cutting wheel that never touches the food, and built-in pliers that allow for no-touch lid removal.
- Good Grips Smooth Edge can opener, $19.99
- OXO; 800-545-4411; oxo.com
Schlepping cupcakes to classrooms and birthday parties was an unwieldy enterprise until an ingenious mom came up with the Cupcake Courier, a plastic carrier with a built-in handle, locking sides, and stackable tiers that hold up to 36 cakes or muffins.
- Cupcake Courier, $32.95
- Jennifer Gunn Designs; cupcakecourier.com
Credits: Photograph by Marko Metzinger; Styling by Stephanie Basralian
In this one-cup espresso machine that uses tidy premeasured coffee capsules, the carefully calibrated water heater and pump deliver perfect espresso pulls every time.
- Nespresso Essenza C90, $179
- Nespresso; 800-562-1465; nespresso.com
This vacuum is so smart it could start its own Mensa chapter. The suction adjusts itself depending on the type of flooring, and automatic shutdown prevents overheating. A silent setting offers quiet operation, and an extra-long cord means less outlet switching. Makes you want to clean house. Almost.
- S5580 Aquarius vacuum by Miele, $949
- Miele; 800-843-7231; miele.com