Working for Yourself
Starting your own business is a big step, but this expert's advice will help pave the way towards success.
Expert Content | March 14, 2008
Divide life and work
If you decide to start your own business part-time, you'll need excellent time-management skills, strong self-discipline and support from family and friends. It's a big commitment. To succeed, think small. A series of small steps will get you as far as one giant step.
These steps include:
- Developing a business concept
- Writing a business plan
- Acquiring basic business equipment
- Setting a long-term target date to go full time
- Aiming for moderate first-year revenues
- Selecting time-saving business equipment
- Maintaining top performance at your day job
Printed from Oprah.com on Tuesday, December 10, 2013
© 2013 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved