- CardTrak.com tells you everything you need to know about credit cards. My favorite feature is a search engine that helps you find the cards with the lowest interest rates and best benefits.
- SelectQuote.com and AccuQuote.com sift through hundreds of term life insurance policies so you can compare rates and find the best deals from top companies.
- MyFDICInsurance.gov features a free EDIE (electronic deposit insurance estimator) tool that explains how much of your money is insured by the FDIC. (You'll see me there: The FDIC asked me to be the site's spokesperson.) Webapps.ncua.gov/ins has an estimator for federally insured credit unions.
- MyFico.com lets you obtain your FICO score for a fee. Click on the Products link and choose FICO standard for $15.95.
- BankRate.com has up-to-date rates on everything from CDs to auto loans and mortgages. There are lots of useful calculators, including an eye-opener on how long it will take to pay off your credit card if you pay just the minimum amount due each month. Reality check!