- CardTrak.com tells you everything you need to know about credit cards. My favorite feature is a search engine that helps you find the cards with the lowest interest rates and best benefits.
- SelectQuote.com and AccuQuote.com sift through hundreds of term life insurance policies so you can compare rates and find the best deals from top companies.
- MyFDICInsurance.gov features a free EDIE (electronic deposit insurance estimator) tool that explains how much of your money is insured by the FDIC. (You'll see me there: The FDIC asked me to be the site's spokesperson.) Webapps.ncua.gov/ins has an estimator for federally insured credit unions.
- MyFico.com lets you obtain your FICO score for a fee. Click on the Products link and choose FICO standard for $15.95.
- BankRate.com has up-to-date rates on everything from CDs to auto loans and mortgages. There are lots of useful calculators, including an eye-opener on how long it will take to pay off your credit card if you pay just the minimum amount due each month. Reality check!
Please note: This is general information and is not intended to be legal advice. You should consult with your own financial advisor before making any major financial decisions, including investments or changes to your portfolio, and a qualified legal professional before executing any legal documents or taking any legal action. Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities are not responsible for any losses, damages or claims that may result from your financial or legal decisions.