You know you need to reach for the mop if:
- You don't pay off your credit card balance every month.
- Your credit card balance exceeds your monthly paycheck.
- You pay your bills late, incurring costly fees.
- You spend $10 a day on coffee, snacks, and cabs, yet you don't invest in a retirement fund.
- You eat at expensive restaurants that are so out of your price range that you lose your appetite.
- You have clothes that have never been worn and still have their tags.
- Your closets are jammed with impulse purchases—grills, dehumidifiers, toys for the kids—that have never been used.
- You buy things you can't afford.