Single Parents and Finances
Advice for Single Parents on a Budget:
- Cut the fat out of your budget. Keep track of your expenses and find out where you are spending money unnecessarily.
- Cook at home and stick with meals that are inexpensive and easy to make.
- If you are a parent struggling to make required child support payments, Jean suggests taking on a second job and building a cushion of money to help pay your bills.
- Build a support system of family and friends to help watch your children.
- Shoot for the stars. If you have an education, apply for jobs that you may think are out of your reach and ask for a salary that will truly meet your family's needs.