3 of 8
Cut Back on Expenses
To save even more money, Suze says to keep track of your expenses for each month and then determine areas where you can cut back by $50 or $100 per month and save the money instead. Try Suze's simple corner-cutting suggestions:
- Use ATMs only from your bank—those surcharges can really add up!
- Replace your lattes with plain coffee.
- Cancel one or more of your premium cable channels.
- Bring your lunch to work at least one day per week.
- Switch your credit card balance to one with a low introductory rate.
- Skip the local movie theater and rent or borrow a movie just once a month.
- Get a haircut every six weeks instead of every five.
Please note: This is general information and is not intended to be legal advice. You should consult with your own financial advisor before making any major financial decisions, including investments or changes to your portfolio, and a qualified legal professional before executing any legal documents or taking any legal action. Harpo Productions, Inc., OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, Discovery Communications LLC and their affiliated companies and entities are not responsible for any losses, damages or claims that may result from your financial or legal decisions.