- Warm up a large space by painting large stripes of alternating gloss and flat paint on one wall.
- Add storage that is functional and fashionable: leather ottomans that can serve as coffee tables, built-in bookshelves and entertainment centers.
- Add dramatic lighting. Instead of ceiling fans with lights and track lighting, use sconces that look like lanterns and modern chandeliers.
- Hang photos vertically on walls to accentuate the architecture of your space.
- Furniture and rug by Crate and Barrel, www.crateandbarrel.com
- Drapes by Pottery Barn, www.potterybarn.com
- Case Handyman Services
- Lighting by Highlighters
- Blinds, wall unit built-in materials, wood, hardward, paint and building supplies from Home Depot, www.homedepot.com
- Pickens Kane Moving & Storage
See a demonstration