- Painting with bright colors and bold patterns adds interest to rooms. It keeps drama high and costs low.
- Use stacking cubes to keep the entertainment area organized and tidy.
- In a small space, oversized furniture can be overwhelming. Use smaller pieces to make the room seem larger.
- If there's a piece you already enjoy, like a beautiful rug, use it to influence your color scheme.
- There's a reason they call it "mood lighting." Use different lamps to set the tone of your home.
- Use accessories to bring out your personality, whether it's fun, sexy, studious, artsy, or anything else.
- Furniture by Crate and Barrel, www.crateandbarrel.com
- Accessories by Pier 1 Imports, www.pier1.com
- Painting by Creative Engineering, (718) 937-5292
- Moving services by L Trucking, (917) 731-7435
- Paint by Benjamin Moore, www.benjaminmoore.com
For this apartment, Thom worked with Benjamin Moore paint. He used AC-38 North Hampton Beige and HC-145 Van Courtland Blue for the stripes, AC-39 Mt. Rushmore Rock on the doors, and 2004-10 Deep Rose for the mirror.
See a demonstration