- Lay indoor/outdoor Astroturf over cleaned concrete patio.
- Enclose a portion of the patio with three lattice walls and a roof.
- Use the lattice to hang accessories, like a surfboard and wetsuit.
- Create a tiki bar under the lattice! Cover the outside of the bar with grass thatching.
- Build a planter to give the patio a tropical feel. Glue or hang seashells on the outside of the planter.
- Add tiki torches to the planter and tiki lights around the bar.
- Choose an outdoor table and place four patio chairs in bright fabrics around it.
- Create an instant beach hut! Use thatching to cover the patio umbrella.
- If you have shutters on the outside of your house, brush them lightly with a paint wash—not too perfectly—to give them a sun-bleached look.
- Cabana Joe's for patio furniture manufactured by Lane Venture, Inc.
- Benson Imports, Inc. umbrellas and bamboo accessories
For more information: 714-893-3217
- Surfing accessories by
- Landscape and Leisure in Wilmington, North Carolina for plants and trees
For more info: 910-452-5349
- Gardeners Eden for copper cone torches
- Pier 1 Imports
- Home Depot
- Case Handymen Services construction crew
Raleigh, North Carolina: 919-781-4030
See a demonstration of this makeover