Clockwise, from top:
- The “asterisk” clock, by pioneering modernist George Nelson (who hung out with the likes of Isamu Noguchi and Buckminster Fuller), is like a punctuation mark for your wall. George Nelson for Vitra, $265.
- There's nothing cutesy about this pared-down cuckoo clock. Artificial, $433.
- This black disk with a big red 6 has a playful irony that we could all use during rush hour. Oliver Hemming, $128.
- The pleasantly retro orange clock is small, so it eats up less wall space. Infinity Instruments, $35.
- This rainbow digital can also be wall-mounted to keep counters free. Brookstone, $25.
- Do-it-yourself kit includes multicolor self-adhesive cubes you can stick up in any order you please. Karlsson, $79.
- This buttery circle will melt even the morning-phobic. Alessi, $134.
Cup and saucer, Apilco Tuileries. French press, Bonjour. Juice glass and bowl, Nicole Farhi Home.