- If you're going to do a theme color, don't start with the wall color. Paint with a neutral color.
- Research decorating traditions of your theme. In this instance, hanging rugs on the wall looks beautiful.
- Don't be afraid of one bold object, like a cowhide chair or an antler chandelier. Just don't use too many!
- Think of how window treatments will meld with the whole room. Paisley won't look right in an ultra-modern room, and aluminum blinds are out of place in a traditional space.
- Look for antique furniture that can hold clutter.
- Use appropriate frames for pictures; every detail can go with the theme!
- Kehoe Designs Special Event Decor
- Crabapple Hills Farm
- American Natural Resources
- Pine & Design
- Owens Corning HOMExperts
- Home Depot
- Expo Design Center
See a demonstration of this makeover.