Peter calls on Ellen Howe from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), who says there are a number of ways to make airport travel stress-free.
- Arrive early.
- Know the rules, especially the 3-1-1 rule for acceptable carry-on luggage: 3-ounce bottles or less, in a one quart plastic bag, one bag per passenger at the checkpoint.
- If you have to bring a medical exception to the 3-1-1 rule, Ellen says to declare the item, which will then be inspected and most likely allowed through.
- Remember that there are no liquid restrictions for checked luggage.
- Wear shoes that go on and off quickly.
- Remove computers from laptop bags.
- Remove outer layers of clothing, such as blazers, before passing through security checkpoints.