How to Paint a Mural Like a Pro
- Image you would like to recreate
- Opaque or overhead projector
- Soft pencils
- Poster paints
- Find an image you would like to recreate. Look at books, prints, paintings or magazines for ideas.
- Avoid copyright infringement. Do not paint copyrighted images on the outside of your home.
- Rent or borrow an opaque or overhead projector. Your local library or schools are good places to contact.
- Place the projector in front of your painting surface such as a wall or backyard gate.
- Put your image onto the projector and adjust the projector until the image projection is the desired size.
- Trace the image on the wall with a soft pencil.
- Fill in with poster paints. If you'd like to, use the projection as a color guide.
- After the paint is dry, erase all pencil marks.
Watch a demonstration of this technique