Nate had to dig his way out of this patio problem. Reinventing a yawn of a yard was a big job, but Nate was up to the challenge.Transform Your Backyard
See a demonstration of this makeover
- Create a concept or theme for your patio area. Nate's inspiration was the English countryside.
- Want extra privacy around your yard? Plant tall pine trees—they look nice and do the job!
- Invest in waterproof fabrics for pillows and cushions. You'll never have to worry about them when it rains.
- Conceal ugly retaining walls with a row of shrubbery.
- Use candles to create a glow at night, or try small hanging lights.
- If you have room to do so, create a special grilling area. That way, you'll have separate cooking and entertaining zones at parties.