1. Stretch Your SnapshotsFor a piece of art worthy of your wall, snap a pic with the smartphone app Instagram. Then use Instacanvas, a service that prints your photo on stretched canvas and delivers it to your door.
2. Wall Paper Your FurnitureA vibrant pattern, from sites like DesignYourWall.com, can breathe new life into an aging cabinet or plain end table.
- Lightly sand the surface. (For cabinet doors, unhinge them and remove knobs.) Apply two coats of an oil-based primer, waiting an hour between coats.
- Cut wallpaper to size using a straightedge blade. Paint on a thin layer of Mod Podge and apply the wallpaper, flattening any air bubbles. Wait 24 hours before applying a coat of acrylic sealant.
3. Stencil a WallPainting a pattern requires patience, but the result can change the whole room. Consider Cutting Edge Stencils for all-in-one shopping.
- Wipe down the wall with a damp cloth (to make sure it's dust-free), and apply painter's tape to the adjoining walls, trim, and ceiling.
- Using a 36-inch level, line up your stencil. Starting at the wall's center, affix the pattern with painter's tape.
- Pour paint onto a paper plate. Dip the paint roller, and run it over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and repeat across the wall. Use a stencil brush to fill in any details, if necessary.
More Easy Home Updates