The Garden for You
- Only one spot in the yard with enough sunlight throughout day
- Not a large yard
- Needs to be near a section that sees sunlight at least six hours a day
- Depends on the condition of the soil. Tilling and pH testing prices can vary. If the soil is bad, you'll have to bring in soil and add fertilizer.
- Small gardens require less tools; they mainly only need a shovel, pruners and a hose
- Buying plants can be pricey, but starting your own plants, sharing with friends, starting small or participating in a plant swap can help cut costs; waiting until after Memorial Day is also helpful.
- Embellishments can be pricey
- Not as consuming as a large garden due to the size, but it still requires frequent pruning and weeding
- Thorough watering takes 10 to 15 minutes a day; 20 to 30 minutes with a soaker hose
- Anyone who wants a creative outlet
- Someone new to gardening
- Those who don't have a large space in a yard to devote to a garden
- Those looking to spend time outdoors
Create a rooftop garden