She also has five basic rules to keep your house in order.
- Start in the room you spend the most time in.
- Avoid zigzag organizing. Begin in one corner of the room and complete each section before moving on to the next.
- Attack the visible clutter first—these items are more current and will give you instant change.
- Don't get distracted sorting things that belong in another room; just move them to that location.
- Search for the treasures instead of the trash—organizing should be a positive experience, not a negative one.