- Don't clutter your entryways with bulky objects like dressers and hutches.
- Don't clutter your entryway with too many loose, small odds and ends.
- Don't place items that can be easily knocked over on shelves without protection.
- Don't use organizing feature like hat racks, umbrella bins, jacket trees or show cubbies that don't get used, don't add to style or could be substituted for smaller options.
- Don't stop thinking of how you can personalize your entryway to set the stage for the rest of the home.
Learn about lighting options and which is best for your entryway
- Focus on convenience for your guests and provide for it in the right details.
- Incorporate easy-to-spot, condensed or multifunctional organizing spaces for items like shoes, coats and hats.
- Use décor and comforting flourishes to tempt guests to linger in the entryway.
- Find lighting that complements your space and design style.
Published on July 07, 2010