1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.Purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 21 years or older, except employees of Harpo Productions, Inc., (the “Sponsor”), The Procter and Gamble Company (“P&G) and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, affiliated entities, immediate families or household members. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and shall be governed by Illinois law. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations, and (ii) agree that Illinois courts have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes and that venue shall only be Chicago, Illinois.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes from 5:00 pm (CT) on Wednesday, January 5, 2011 until 4:59 pm (CT) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 (the "Promotional Period"). To enter, participants must log on to the Sweepstakes page of the Oprah.com website, located at http://www.oprah.com/flawless (the "Website"), and complete and submit the entry form online during the Promotional Period according to the onscreen instructions, including their name, address, daytime telephone number, email address and date of birth (individually, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”). To be eligible, all Entries must be received by 4:59 pm (CT) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011. Each Entry must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize will only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning Entry, regardless of e-mail account ownership or other circumstances. Limit one (1) Entry per e-mail address.
All duplicate Entries shall be deemed void. All Entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. No mechanical reproductions, mailed Entries, facsimiles, mass submissions, or submissions generated by a script or macro will be accepted by Sponsor and all such Entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible Entries, and all such Entries will be deemed void. Sponsor is also not responsible for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Sweepstakes, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prizes, in any Sweepstakes-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Sweepstakes should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. False or deceptive Entries or acts will render the participant ineligible and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering with any Website mechanism, acting in a disruptive manner or violating these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
3. HOW TO WIN: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor on or around February 17, 2011 from all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. The decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all participants in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the Promotional Period. Winner will be notified by Sponsor within five business (5) days of the drawing via either the telephone number or e-mail address provided on his or her Official Entry. Winner must reply within five business (5) days of notification either via fax, email or by calling the phone number provided upon prize notification, or else an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that the Sweepstakes is canceled or ended prematurely due to the reasons set forth in paragraph 2, above, the Winner shall be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor from all eligible Entries received as of the time of the impairment.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Winner will receive: (i) up to Four Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($4,500.00) worth of goods and services from California Closets for use towards the makeover of any one (1) closet space in the Winner’s home, and (ii) a one-time use of a professional cleaning service equal to the cleaning of a standard size 3-4 bedroom/2 bathroom home, at a value of up to Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00). TOTAL ARV OF PRIZE (ONE PRIZE): Up to Four Thousand Seven Hundred Dollars ($4,700.00).
No substitutions, partial acceptance, transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. AMV of prize may vary based upon Winner’s city of residence. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or comparable value in the event a described prize or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Certain restrictions may apply and no refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Winner is solely responsible for all expenses not expressly provided for above, including any goods or services selected which exceed the allotted prize amounts from either vendor. The professional cleaning service shall be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion from the available cleaning services in the Winner’s geographic area. Dates of the cleaning services and California Closets’ services will be subject to their respective availability and shall be coordinated with the Winner. In the event the Winner does not own his/her home, it is acknowledged and agreed that the closet design services are non-transferable and that it is Winner’s sole responsibility to obtain any necessary permissions from the homeowner before work begins. Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by acceptance and use of the prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters, (ii) grant Sponsor and P&G permission, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures, biographical information and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all manner or media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, and (iii) represent and warrant that they are not participating in the Sweepstakes in the capacity of a reporter and further represent and warrant that they will not write, blog about, publish or cause to be published any article or book about their participation therein. In order to claim the prize, Winner: (i) must meet all eligibility requirements, (ii) may be required to produce proof of identity, address and birth date, and (iii) must execute and return certain winner documents (as applicable), including an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgment form, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases. Such documents must be completed in full and returned within five business (5) days of issuance either via facsimile or US registered mail. Failure to do so or if: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, will result in disqualification of such Winner and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to pick an alternate winner but in the event an alternate winner cannot be determined, the prize will not be awarded.
Sponsor, P&G and their respective officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, prize providers, affiliated entities and their designees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) expressly disclaim any responsibility and participants agree to hold the Released Parties harmless from liability for any injury, disability or loss to any person or property (including allergic reactions, construction issues, theft and/or death) relating to participation in this Sweepstakes (including the manner in which the Winner is selected and confirmed), the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance, use or misuse of any of the prizes or services awarded and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. By entering the Sweepstakes the Winner: (i) consents to any renovations and /or redesigns which shall be made by California Closets or their designees/agents and which shall be performed on the Winner’s property, (ii) acknowledges and agrees that any changes made to the Winner’s property after the closet redesign services have been completed (including returning their property to its original appearance if Winner so elects) shall be at the Winner’s sole expense, and (iii) agrees to accept “as is” any renovations and/or changes to his/her property performed by California Closets in connection with the closet redesign services and releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with such services. None of the Released Parties are responsible for: (i) any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize items provided, or (ii) any loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from the Website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Website by a hypertext link. The Released Parties further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Sweepstakes for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants and/or Winner.
6. OFFICIAL RULES AND/OR WINNER’S LIST REQUESTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or the Winner’s name, either log on to the Website or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address beginning January 5, 2011: (Please specify "Official Rules" and/or “Winner”) “Flawless Home” Sweepstakes, c/o Oprah.com 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607. Requests received after March 1, 2011, will not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage on Official Rules requests.
7. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is managed by Sponsor, with offices at 110 N. Carpenter St., Chicago, IL 60607. P&G is a prize sponsor only.
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Published on December 20, 2010