Original Content | January 01, 2006
Dr. Oz says you can bring mindfulness and better health into your own life with five important changes.
- "Make the big decisions at the supermarket, not at home." This will help you keep the bad foods out of your home and bring the good foods in.
- Make your breakfast at home and don't eat fast food for breakfast. Not only will it be healthier, but it's a great time to be with your family.
- No trans fats. "Preserved foods aren't eaten by the insects," Dr. Oz says. "You shouldn't be eating them."
- Make exercise an important part of your day. "You've got to imbed it into your life," he says.
- Forgive someone. "It's about gratitude. Take that big step." Dr. Oz says. "When you hate somebody, it hurts you more than them."
Printed from Oprah.com on Tuesday, March 11, 2014
© 2014 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved