Teenage Girls and Sex
Why Teenage Girls Should Not Have Sex:
- Teenage girls are not emotionally equipped to handle the strong emotions sex conjures up, Rabbi Shmuley says.
- When teenage girls get attached to men who don't love them, Rabbi Shmuley says it may lead to long-term depression and unhappiness.
- Sex is supposed to connect you to a partner, but when you have recreational sex, Rabbi Shmuley says you dilute the sexual connection.
- Sex with many partners at a young age makes love objective instead of subjective, Rabbi Shmuley says.
- Rabbi Shmuley says a sexual relationship pulls a young woman away from her family as a man—other than her father—becomes central to her life.
"Safe sex is not only when the body is protected from an STD or pregnancy, but where the heart is protected from cynicism, abuse and a feeling that one is there to be discarded."