YOU: Staying Young Results
On two recent episodes of The Oprah Winfrey Show , Dr. Oz spoke with several people about the dramatic results they saw after trying the YOU: Staying Young program. Through diet, supplements, at least 30 minutes a day of walking and other requirements of the program, Dr. Oz says participants lost an average of 10 pounds, normalized hormone levels, dropped high blood pressure and increased growth hormone levels in just six weeks.
- Lisa , who's suffering from fibromyalgia, says symptoms of the disease have lessened dramatically since starting the program. "I can tell you, I haven't felt this good in years and I am back to being even better than before," she says.
- Maureen says she suffered from a loss of energy and mental fogginess in recent years. Now, she says she has more energy and a new sense of hope about her future. "I can't believe the side benefit, which is optimism and hope," she says. "I don't actually have fear—I have confidence."
- Janie, who's been smoking since she was 10, says Dr. Roizen gave her the necessary tools to kick the habit, and she says she's inspired her husband to stop smoking as well. Walking every day has also become a family event and Janice says the YOU: Staying Young program has become a way of life. "Within two to three weeks it wasn't that I had to get up and do the things you guys had set before us," she says. "I wanted to get up and do them."
- Brenda is the mother of a 9-year-old and was saddled with a number of health problems, including lupus and a thyroid condition. While she admits she wasn't following the program to a tee a few weeks ago, she's now taking all of the necessary supplements and is feeling much better. "I have more energy, I'm on my game and everyone is recognizing the new me," she says. "I have a glow in my face and a smile on my face."
- June says her sex drive had taken a dive since her 20s and 30s. After five weeks on the program, she says she's lost five inches off her waist and her sex life is hot once again. "By the time I was done with the program, not only did I feel great about myself physically, I felt great about myself mentally, and that contributed a lot to looking at my other relationships and being more social," she says.