Vegetables (organic whenever available)
- All fresh vegetables and fruits, such as green leafy vegetables and greens, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
Fruits (organic whenever available)
- All fresh fruits, such as citrus, apples, berries, etc.
- Dried beans, such as garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, etc.
- Green peas
- Sprouted peas, beans and seeds
- Whole grains, pastas and cereals, such as brown rice, whole wheat, oats, millet, barley, kasha, cornmeal, polenta, etc.
- Soy products, such as tofu, soy beans, soy yogurt, soy and mixed-protein powders
- Non-fat dairy products daily Egg whites
Food Spectrum Chart
- Fat-free condiments and salad dressings
- Vinegars Fresh and dried herbs
- Garlic and onions
To keep track of your heart healthy dieting choices, print this out as a daily reminder. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to see this file. Download it here.
Dr. Dean Ornish
Preventive Medicine Research Institute
A nonprofit public institute dedicated to research, education and service