Photo: George Burns
All of Oprah's favorite experts came out for O Magazine's 10th anniversary celebration in New York City. Here are the top 10 best things we learned, from experts Martha Beck, Peter Walsh, Dr. Oz, Donna Brazile, Suze Orman, Elizabeth Gilbert, Nate Berkus and Oprah herself.
1. "I really believe when you give to other people, you give to yourself." — Oprah
2. "When you do the thing you fear, the thing loses its power to scare." — Martha Beck
3. "Mistakes will be made. Failure will occur. You pick yourself up and carry on." — Elizabeth Gilbert
4. "It is people who give you a raise or get you a job. It is people who control money." — Suze Orman
5. "Your attitude will determine your altitude in life. Let go of any baggage you can." — Donna Brazile
6. "You have to be the expert on your own body. Everything is a clue." — Dr. Oz
7. "Design is not about the money or keeping up with anyone else. It's about the story behind [your choices]." — Nate Berkus
8. "Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor—it's anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living." — Peter Walsh
9. "I think the best accessory you can wear is confidence." — Adam Glassman
10. "When your to-do list has you coming undone, you have to step back and come back to center. Without a connection to something that is real, you will lose your way." — Oprah
Published on May 10, 2010
We Hear You!