7 Warning Signs of Sepsis
If you or a loved one has an infection plus two or more of the symptoms below, tell your doctor you're worried about sepsis.
For more information, visit sepsisalliance.org or sepsisforum.org.
More Health Advice
- High fever (or abnormally low temperature), chills, and/or shaking
- Difficulty breathing, hyperventilation, shortness of breath
- Warm skin or rash
- Rapid heartbeat (over 90 beats per minute)
- Mental confusion
- Abnormal white blood count (usually high, but can be low)
- Unusually low blood pressure