The Oprah Winfrey Show | January 01, 2006
The heart of Miraval Spa is its world-class cuisine. After one particularly tasty salmon dinner, Oprah just had to get the recipe from acclaimed chef Mary Nearn. Not only is it delicious, it's incredibly simple! "It's so easy, you can make this tonight," Oprah says.
Get Oprah's favorite salmon recipe.
When you're making it, keep in mind these healthy eating tips directly from the Miraval Spa kitchen.
- If you don't have a grill at home, you can also pan-sear salmon.
- Use canola oil because it has a neutral flavor and won't burn easily.
- When you're cooking in a pan, listen for a sizzle. That sound means that the food is not absorbing too much oil...and that you're not adding too many calories.
- Precook brown rice to save time in preparation.
- Vegetable stock adds moisture and flavor to dishes without adding a lot of extra calories.
- Salmon is ready to eat when it breaks open very easily.
- Colorful, pretty ingredients make healthy meals more appetizing.
Printed from Oprah.com on Thursday, May 23, 2013
© 2013 OWN, LLC. All Rights Reserved