Get Oprah's favorite salmon recipe.
When you're making it, keep in mind these healthy eating tips directly from the Miraval Spa kitchen.
- If you don't have a grill at home, you can also pan-sear salmon.
- Use canola oil because it has a neutral flavor and won't burn easily.
- When you're cooking in a pan, listen for a sizzle. That sound means that the food is not absorbing too much oil...and that you're not adding too many calories.
- Precook brown rice to save time in preparation.
- Vegetable stock adds moisture and flavor to dishes without adding a lot of extra calories.
- Salmon is ready to eat when it breaks open very easily.
- Colorful, pretty ingredients make healthy meals more appetizing.