Five Healthful Tips
- Use nine-inch plates: Eating on a smaller plate can add three years to your life.
- Use paper coffee filters: Caffeine makes you younger. Drinking coffee every morning made with a paper filter—which raises good cholesterol and cuts down on bad—can add six months to your life.
- Take aspirin every day: Check with your doctor first, but if it's okay, taking an aspirin every day can make you two years younger. This simple addition decreases the age of your arteries and reduces the risk of breast, colon and prostate cancers.
- Eat chocolate!: Only chocolate with real cocoa (dark chocolate) will do, but if you eat one ounce every day, you increase the level of healthy fat in your diet.
- A little fat before dinner: Whether it's nuts, dark chocolate or olive oil on a piece of bread, a little fat before you eat slows down your stomach and makes you feel full longer.